Thursday, February 10, 2011

Week 6?

After a tired week (I think from eating to little) I've had a few days of very productive workouts:

Each time I try to take on a new challenge to try to avoid a boring rut.

Tuesday I challenged myself to warm up for two minutes and run for 18 straight at 5mph! I was dying but I did it! This is great progress..

Wednesday I made myself not run and walked at a steep incline at 4mph, Incline of 6 for 5 minutes 8 for 5minutes 10 for five minutes and 12 for five minutes for a total of 20 minutes. It was pretty difficult.

Thursday (today) I decided to try the running test to determine my fitness level: The goal is to see how much ground you can cover in 12 minutes. I went at a speed of 6mph and 5.5 when I got really tired but picked it up to 6.5 to finish strong. I covered a distance of 1.17 miles... This puts me in the 'fair' category apparently which I can't argue with because the category before that is 'poor' and thats what I must have been before.

So this is pretty exciting, my legs are getting pretty ripped, I notice the difference, as well as the overall smoothness of my body as opposed to ripply jiggly fat. Its encouraging but there is still so far to go!!!

I am also working 20 minutes on the bike every workout as well as assorted weights.

Today I beat my record and burned 185 on the treadmill and 180 on the bike for a total of 365.. at this rate if I eat right I should begin to melt away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Feel free to post your comments here.