Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What week is it?

 I wasn't able to make it to the gym for 10 days! Thats ridiculous.. Fortunately I'm better now, and two of those days I went on some very long walks...

My eating was pretty bad when I was ill.. too many bad choices.. but it looks like I haven't gained much.. Probably just didn't loose either.

I got back to the gym on Monday feeling sluggish and lazy.. Think I lost some muscle.. On the other hand I just need to get back in the swing of things. I still ran for a total of over 13 minutes out of 20 so thats good.. As long as I run over half I'm okay with that.. At that rate I can burn a fair amount of calories.

I also rode the bike but it was really tedious and I have alot of trouble with my feet falling asleep, so even though I can get an intense workout from it, by the time 15 minutes is up I'm about to quit just because my feet are so asleep... But I have been pushing on to 20.

Now I'm up to 40 minutes of cardio.. I think thats a good amount, and it is pretty intense, I'm burning around 170-180 calories per 20 minutes... Hopefully I can bump that number up soon.

Today was better... I beat my record and did Seated Leg Presses 240 lbs X 15! It was hard but I did it! I was thinking maybe I'd start to see my shins bowing because of the stress hahaha...
I was also able to increase some of the other weights without dying so thats good.

Running was pretty off today, but I think its because I did some pretty heavy leg weights before hand...

Then, the sauna and hot tub. In fact, spent the whole evening hanging out at the gym. Hard work, then nice relaxation.

Weeks goals:
1) Get my eating back on track
2) Increase speed in running

4 comments:

  1. Good for you for getting back to it. If your feet are falling asleep biking, I am guessing that you are on a recumbent bike. Try splitting your time so that you spend 10 minutes on a recumbent & 10 on an upright bike. On a recumbent you sit on the nerve & artery that supply your lower leg. Keep on plugging along - you will succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement... Its been tough getting back into it.

    Because the seat is so over-sized on the upright bikes I find that I have a lot of chaffing and the same problem.. granted it isn't quite as bad. I think I will try switching though... that would probably do it.

    Thanks for the advise, and once again for stopping by to brighten my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you doing Bethany? It has been a while since you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lorne... thanks for stopping by. Things have been pretty rough with moods stress and bad eating... this week it feels like I'm finally back where I want to be.

    I'm glad to have your input.. gives me one more reason to keep going.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Feel free to post your comments here.