Monday, January 10, 2011

Week 2: Sunday

Sunday was a sleepy day, I like to call it rest. Overall I felt like I was coming down with some dread illness, which couldn't make up its mind and confine me to the couch, but instead taunted me by putting a slight drag on things. The other thing going on was a sense of lost-ness: I'm one of those who works basically an 8-5 job, every day. Sunshine or Rain I am obliged to show up ready to work. I used to be one of those who would rather leave the workaday world to the male species but it just didn't work out that way.

Work keeps me stable, I wake up in the morning, and despite all the other things or moods going on, there is one thing certain: I have to get to work, and I have to make it through the day, with at least a few smiles on my face. Its a terrible enigma, work is. Part of me wants to shake free, be footloose and govern my own time, but the other part realizes just how important work is for discipline, structure, and a sense of meaning, as well as money to do the things I want to do, and provide for my needs as well as how my life intertwines with the lives of my co-workers and customers.

So as I lay around giving into the temptation of chocolate that I wasn't actually enjoying, I put mind over matter, and decided to throw all the excuses like "I think I've worked out too hard this week" "I might overdo it, wouldn't want to burn out" "I'm sort of sickish, I should just take this day of rest and call it good" and follow the advice of my trainer (Dad) "Make sure you work out on Sunday, but take it easy"

Stepping into the gym is such a comfortable feeling excitement is in the air, the temperature is controlled just right, there are other people sweating and training their bodies to obey them. Its very inspiring. Once inside, one thing lead to another, until I found myself in the hot tub, massaging my tired muscles with the water jets and watching daring kids launch their bodies off the high dive, plunging into the water. I was never daring enough to try that. I always liked to keep my feet on the ground. I wonder if I could challenge myself to change this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Feel free to post your comments here.