Monday, January 10, 2011

Week 2 Monday

Work was BUSY today. Lots of lifting, walking and driving. 4:30 sprung upon me with relief and a sense of satisfaction. It was so steady that I didn't have time to pay attention to my feverish body. In the afternoon I started feeling queasy and hot and flushed, maybe it was my body saying "I don't like what you've been doing to me, its time to rebel!" Or it could have been the green curried chicken with coconut milk I had for lunch, or the fact that I've been hanging out with sick people.

Funny thing is, I never get sick. Last time I can't really remember. On the other hand, I'm not known for my fantastic memory. Sometimes I catch myself thinking "If only I would just get sick, I could get a rest from all this busyness!" Silly really, seeing as health is a blessing, and should never be taken for granted, it can change overnight, besides, I am not getting any younger and who knows what my future in health will be. I was feeling a little worried though, because of the progress I've made over the last week it would be a bummer to go backwards. I consoled myself with the fact that if it was vicious enough I would perhaps loose some weight by the time it was over.

So I decided that unless I felt seriously incapacitated I'd dismiss it as a little tummy rumble and forget about it. After work I was starving and got some quick energy : A Bacon Cheeseburger at McDonalds. I'm not advertising, but those little burgers pack a punch, and they're tasty and extremely affordable. The only downfall? When I get to the DriveThru my eyes start to wander to the fries, milkshakes, pies, and side dishes as 1.39 seems like such an insignificant amount to process, and I begin to wonder if I need more food to fill me up. The answer was a predetermined no. I had a small fruit cup that I had brought with me and a tiny piece of chocolate for dessert.

Sometimes I have to choose between the lesser of two evils,  a small fast food burger (350 calories or so with the cons of high fat and sodium ) or waiting till after the gym, going home exhausted from an energy crash,  to tired to prepare anything, and eating chocolate and ice cream for supper.

Of course, option C always stands: Be smart and think of something healthy to eat before gym time. This requires fore-planning, which goes on my list of things to slowly start making a habit.

1 comment:

  1. Check out the low calorie soup, sanwiches and especially the salads at Mr. Sub. They are quick, fresh, satisfying. and good for you, at least relative to other fast foods. :))

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Feel free to post your comments here.