Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Week 2 Tuesday

Today I felt ill. But not ill enough not to work. Business kept me occupied but as  4:30 crept up on the clock feelings of  hunger, moodiness and overwhelming tiredness started to overwhelm me, I started to reason my way out of working out, since yesterdays workout was harder then I had planned, maybe I needed a rest so that this sickness didn't completely take me over. So I decided to to the the gym and warm up in the hot tub, since I was feeling really chilled.

I ate some applesauce for a quick pick me up, and made my way across town to the gym. By the time I was in the parking lot, I knew what I had to do. I at least had to go walking. So I donned my shabby workout cloths and surprisingly,  a feeling of excitement and anticipation began to creep up on me.

By the time I entered the workout room I was ready, there was people on bikes, pedaling away, power walkers, runners, weight lifters, the room was packed with the intensity of people serious about buffeting their bodies. The tiredness subsided as I warmed up with leg presses and other funky leg exercises plus a bonus upper body one. (I know not the names yet) When I hit the treadmill I couldn't walk but for 2 minutes until I broke into a jog at 5 mph I surprised myself by  breaking my small record of 5 minutes and going for 7 minutes straight.

I have not been able to run before, and did not know this was possible, plus, I'm super happy about it because even though tiredness and muscle fatigue set in at the end, I was not panicking for air or hating my life and thinking how much I was killing myself. This is exciting, as I've always wanted to be a runner but did not know it could be a reality. I still have a long ways to go but this mini goal is well, GREAT!!!

I cut it short on the weights today as it was busy, and the fatigue was coming back. After the hot tub came the drive home on snow powdered roads, a small healthy supper with lots of veggies and simple rest by a crackling wood stove.

Another day of good eating, working out and positive change to add to the past ones. I hope soon to have a nice little pile of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Feel free to post your comments here.