Monday, January 17, 2011

Week 3 Monday

So I slept and slept and slept. Then the fever left. On Sunday I went for a hike up part of the Sunshine Coast trail, up steep treacherous trails and gorgeous views. As I was not quite feeling up for the gym, that was a good cardio exercise to get me back in the swing of things.

Today I am still tired, but not sick anymore, so I went to the gym, warmed up and hopped on the treadmill. I have to say that it went better then I had thought but at about 5 minutes in I wanted to quit forever. The running seemed jerky and too slow, but when I sped up I got to tired, and there was no one else on the treadmills, which really helps me to keep pace with someone or 'compete' (without either of us knowing it) it gives that extra energy.

I ended up running a few minutes at 6mph a and several at 5 mph and walking at 4mph for 20 minutes total. I'm excited that running takes up about half that time, I did not know that was possible.

I went a little easier on the bike today, and did several different weights. I was pooped though, and after that went to sit in the hot tub.

Approaching the first weigh in (this Saturday) I'm nervous that it won't be any different, because I can really only count one week of good workouts so far. Week 2 had 5 very tired or sick days, so I need to get down to business this week and hope to gain some ground.

Either way, though, I have gotten in a noticeable bit more in shape, and that is exciting for me. 

I hope the rest of you are doing well, I want to hear from you! I need moral support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Feel free to post your comments here.